Sunday, February 15, 2009

The good, the bad, and the annoying.


Spring is coming and I have the bug to organize everything...even my recipes.

I've had my eye on a few recipe software's (is that a word?) for awhile. Over the weekend, while my kids were deliciously sick with pink eye, strep, and ear infections, I finally had enough laptop time to check a few of them out.

Even though I have a wild dream of one day being organized, it will probably never happen. I'm attempting though by putting all my recipes in one place.

Lets start with the annoying.
Big oven
This is one of the top rated recipe software. It did have some really nice features, but it was annoying to attempt to enter any recipes. It took me over an hour and I still was not happy with the formatting. This one really just about put me over the edge.

The bad
Mastercook 9.0
I could not get a very good review of this software, because the trail only lasted 30 minutes! That 30 minutes did not even allow me any time to enter a recipe. Apparently the software is not very compatible with Windows Vista either (what is? hahah).


The good!
Living cookbook

Oh yes, there is some good in here :).
Living cookbook was beyond the easiest too use, and you can import tons of cookbooks from other websites. It only took me about five minutes to "capture" a recipe in this software. Another huge bonus, it calculates Weight watcher "my points" values for you. If your on weight watchers or another type of diet, this is a pretty good one to try in my opinion.

0 comments:

One Ordinary Sky   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP