Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Potato Kielbasa skillet


This was pretty good and I will likely make it again. The nutrition info below might be slightly different because I edited this recipe. Instead of green pepper I used crinkle frozen zucchnini. Instead of regular kielbasa, I used turkey kielbasa. I sliced half an onion adding the first half, after boiling ten minutes I added the other so it would still be slightly crunchy.

I would use less water if I made this again. I might start with 3/4 of a cup.


SERVES 4
Source

Ingredients
5 large potatoes, cut in bite sized chunks
1 lb kielbasa, sliced
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups shredded American cheese

Directions

1.In dutch oven, brown potatoes, kielbasa, onion and peppers in oil.
2.Add seasonings and water.
3.Bring to a boil.
4.Cover tightly and cook for 20 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
5.Uncover and put cheese on top.
6.Simmer until cheese is melted

Nutrition Facts

WW POINTS = 6
Calories: 268
Fat: 14.5
Cholesterol: 32.5
Carbohydrates: 24
Sodium: 591
dietary fiber: 2.8

0 comments:

One Ordinary Sky   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP